We are currently seeking a level 1/ 2 Physiotherapist for a health service in the Murrumbidgee region of NSW.
It is an initial 3 month contract on a full time basis and accommodation will be provided.
Ideally suitable for someone with inpatient experience.
You will be an integral part of the multidisciplinary health care team, providing high-quality care to patients/ clients of the Local Health District in order to support management of their health needs and to promote wellness.
The Level 1/2 Physiotherapist will provide a comprehensive physiotherapy service, according to relevant models of care and priorities, with the support and direction of both line-manager and clinical supervisor.
* Provision of a comprehensive physiotherapy service across a range of clinical areas and settings as directed by line manager and/or clinical supervisor. This may include weekends, outreach services and the use of telehealth as a mode of delivery for clinical services and supervision. This involves:
patient/family centred clinical, assessment, goal setting, treatment planning and delivery, advice/education for patient/client, their carers/families and other health professionals to ensure delivery of innovative, evidence-based clinical practice models and therapeutic techniques.
* Ensure client/patient care is delivered within professional, organisational, legal and ethical boundaries and reflects evidence based practice and knowledge and core values.
* Provide assessment, diagnosis and management of clients/patients referred for your care within scope of practice and level of experience. Select and implement assessment, intervention and treatment strategies to address problem areas identified in assessments and to meet goals, promote wellness within time frames guidelines.
* Evaluate treatment according to patient/client goal achievement in collaboration with senior clinicians as appropriate, with alterations to intervention/plans made accordingly.
* Work collaboratively as part of the multidisciplinary team to optimise the functional status of each client/patient and carer in the optimum environment and facilitate safe and timely discharge from the service
* Document all aspects of care including progress notes, education, intervention and care plans, referrals
to health care providers, supervision instructions to Allied Health Assistants and data entry within the expected time frame
* Develop and demonstrate cultural competence and a commitment to improve the health outcomes of Aboriginal people
* Communicate appropriately and effectively with clients/patients/families/ visitors/other health care workers at all times with awareness, respect and support for cultural diversity. This also involves a willingness to address any conflict in a constructive manner.
* Maintain professional standards and practice. This includes: participation in professional development program including mandatory training, participating in evidence based practice activities, training/ education and regular clinical supervision in order to contribute to one's own professional growth and the overall service outcomes; contribute actively to the MLHD Allied Health network; Involvement in the planning, implementation and evaluation of services, leading of clinical practice and quality improvement activities, and research with other staff. Application for individual scholarships and opportunities is encouraged in liaison with your manager.
* Work independently and seek supervision as required within scope and experience to provide safe, high quality clinical care.
* Contribute to supervision of Allied Health Assistants, and undergraduate students on clinical placement. On transition to Level 2, provide supervision to level 1 staff as required in order to contribute to the high functioning of the team.
* Assist in the development of procedures and guidelines as required to promote standardised evidence based practice, and on transition to Level 2, lead this activity.
For further information or to express your interest please contact David Hunter at Medacs Healthcare on 02 4945 6206
your application has been submitted