Medacs Healthcare proudly delivers staffing solutions to all three of Auckland's District Health Boards, private hospitals and aged care facilities. We can therefore offer you work when YOU want it. Medacs Healthcare can offer you ad-hoc shifts, pre-bookings for a week or so in advance or a 'line of work'.
Whatever your reason for choosing Agency Work, we can support you. You could be:
- Studying and only available during term breaks
- Only wanting nights so you can support your children and family
- Available for a period of time to explore other prospective employers between jobs
- or you may just want to work full time as an Agency Staff member to enjoy the flexibility and diversity in the role!
As a Medacs Agency Staff member working within the acute setting of the public or private Healthcare system you will be responsible for:
- Provide personal cares to patients
- Assistance with Activities of daily living
- Restocking linen and supplies
- Making beds and tidying patient rooms
- Assisting with patient transfers
- Assisting Nurses and Allied Health staff with procedures/ workload
- 1:1 watches (specials)of patients who are at risk of falls, are agitated, recovering from surgery or pose a risk to themselves or others.
- Healthcare Assistant with Level 3 or 4 Health and Wellbeing certificate
- 2nd year or 3rd year Nursing student and completed at least two clinical placements
- Overseas Registered Nurse with a minimum of 2 years' experience no more than 2 years ago
- Be able to work independently and at times, in challenging situations
- Complete casual agency shifts or on going 'lines of work', depending on your availability
- Strong work ethic
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills so to cope with a busy load of patients and juggle conflicting pressures
- Confident, friendly and patient focussed
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solver - ability to come up with solutions and use initiative
- Passionate and knowledgeable about healthcare and patient care
Why work with Medacs Healthcare
Medacs Healthcare is a leading staffing and services company providing temp, locum and contract recruitment expertise to public, private & commercial healthcare sectors. With more than 15 years of experience in NZ healthcare market we offer a local service through our office in Auckland.
- A NEW 'refer a friend' bonus initiative - be rewarded $$ sooner rather than later
- Flexibility of days when you want to work
- Free CPR and Manual Handling Training renewals
- Ongoing development and career progression
- Free Medacs Uniform
Simply click the 'Apply Now' button and follow the prompts or if you have any questions, contact Chloe Jang on 09 630 8300 for a confidential discussion.
If this doesn't spark your interest, reach out to us anyway! At Medacs Healthcare, we strive to find meaningful work for our candidates. So why not get in touch and discuss other ways we can assist you? You have nothing to lose!
Due to the current border restrictions in New Zealand, we are only able to process applicants with existing working rights and are currently based in New Zealand.
your application has been submitted