Are you a dedicated Surgical Nurse seeking new opportunities to make a difference in healthcare? Medacs Healthcare New Zealand invites you to be a part of our dynamic team on a casual contract basis.
Shifts will be rostered and are generally Monday-Friday only however, if working on a ward you may be asked to work nights & weekends. You will be orientated to the ward/ unit and be an integral team member whilst you are there. You will take your own surgical patient load and deliver the appropriate nursing care to your assigned patients. As part of the team you will also assist your team members to ensure the functions smoothly.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Use clinical judgement, guidelines, policies and protocols to assess and triage incoming referrals
- Provide patient follow ups, organise operating lists, prepare for upcoming clinics and do some other admin tasks including rescheduling.
- Liaise with DHB staff - outpatient clinics, emergency, radiology and the lab
- Providing wound assessment & care
- Liaising with Surgeons and MDT
- Assisting with procedures
- Keeping patient and family informed of any developments in care
- Support with pre-& post-operative care.
- At least 12-24 months NZ Surgical Nursing experience
- Current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC) with the NZ Nursing Council
- Current CPR, Basic Life Support or First Aid Certification
- Current indemnity insurance
- Be willing to undergo pre-employment occupational health checks
- Strong customer focus, committed to improvement initiatives and your own professional development
- Professional and eager to earn.
- An excellent communicator with brilliant listening skills
What's in it for you?
- Competitive market rates PLUS 8% Holiday Pay
- 24/7 On-Call service - you can contact us anytime, any day
- NEW 'refer a friend' bonus initiative
- Free Uniform
- Free CPR & Manual Handling training renewals (T&Cs apply)
To apply for this role, please click "apply now" and follow the prompts or contact me, Chloe Jang, on 09 630 8300 for a confidential discussion.
Medacs Healthcare is a leading staffing and services company providing temp, locum and contract recruitment expertise to public, private & commercial healthcare sectors. With more than 15 years of experience in NZ healthcare market we offer a local service through our office in Auckland.
your application has been submitted