Set yourself up for 2023 by joining our growing team of contract Mental Health Nurses. We offer multiple contract opportunities that will enable you to have assignments all year-round while also ensuring your work life is kept varied and interesting. Our Medacs Healthcare Nurses take on part time and full-time assignments across Auckland, contract lengths vary from 3-6 months at a time with the possibility of extending or offered a permanent position by the Client. We understand that many of our contract Mental Health Nurses might not want a permanent position and if that is the case, we'll just offer you another alternative shorter-term contract instead!
About this role:
For this specific contract, we are looking for:
- A part time or full time Mental Health Nurse (no less hat 0.6 FTE)
- Specialty: Adult Community Mental Health; Care & recovery team
- Location - Auckland Central
- Contract duration: minimum of 3 months
- Location is easy to get to via car or public transport
- Working hours are Monday-Friday 0800-1630 only! (No nights or weekends!)
Common conditions in patients may include; anxiety disorders, depression, bipolar/manic depression and Schizophrenia so experience in Community Mental Health is a must. You will be supported by other Mental Health professionals during this assignment including Psychiatrists, Registered Nurses, Psychologists, Social Workers and Occupational Therapists and Doctors.
Duties and responsibilities within this role:
- Provide direct care and use advanced nursing knowledge and skills to assess, plan, implement and evaluate
- Facilitate effective discharge planning and / or referral processes to health care providers and supports agencies to meet identified health needs.
- Monitors clinical outcomes / indicators and manages variance to clinical pathway, protocols or best practice guidelines.
- Educates and provides information to patients / clients / family / whanau to improve knowledge of illness, self-management, prevention of complications and promotion of recovery.
Essential Skills & Experience needed:
- Current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC) with the NZ Nursing Council
- Post Grad Mental Health Certification or a Psychiatric Nursing Certification
- Evidence of Indemnity Insurance
- Ability to obtain verbal references from two senior referees whom you have worked with in the last 2 years
- A minimum of 2 years Mental Health Nursing experience
- Must be currently in New Zealand with the appropriate Right to work
Benefits to you!
- Competitive rates +8% Holiday pay
- Entitlement to sick leave (conditions apply)
- Opportunity to grow your career and up-skill yourself in various Mental Health facilities across Auckland
- Up to $450 Refer - a - Friend bonus!
- FREE CPR and manual handling training renewals
- A dedicated Recruitment Consultant with you all the way throughout your Medacs journey
- Free uniform!
Click the Apply button and follow the prompts. To find out more about this exciting role, please contact our Recruitment Team on 09 630 8300.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search