About this role:
We are looking for dedicated Registered Nurses to support our client by providing comprehensive nursing services to those in need at their corrections facility. Ensuring a high standard of health care and nursing services is delivered while promoting best practice.
- Full time contract role - rostered shifts 7 days a week (however there is no requirement to work night shifts)
- Contract length: 6-months full time contracts with the possibility of extending &/or being offered a permanent position
- Location: Turangi, NZ
- Start date: ASAP (although the security background checks may take 3-4 weeks to go through, so the sooner we can get the ball rolling for you!)
Duties will include (but are not limited to);
This is a unique environment which requires self-motivated, resilient, and confident registered nurse to care for patients who may be suffering from a variety of ailments including
- Infectious diseases
- Mental Health issues & Drug dependency
- General Illness
- Medication compliance
Duties may also include:
- Providing wound assessment & dressings
- Completing Patient Observations
- Administering Medications - Oral, IV, sub-cut, IM
- Providing a full range of primary nursing services including triage and primary mental health care.
- Deliver emergency care and treatment when required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Right to work in New Zealand is essential
- At least 12-months recent NZ Acute Nursing experience or at least 2-months NZ experience post CAP course completion
- Current clean Annual Practicing Certificate (APC) with the NZ Nursing Council
- Current CPR, Basic Life Support or First Aid Certification
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously as well as part of an MDT
- Intravenous Fluid Certificate (desirable)
- Current Indemnity Insurance
- Problem solver - ability to come up with solutions and use initiative
- Be willing to undergo pre-employment occupational health checks
Benefits to you!
What working with Medacs Healthcare offers you:
- Industry-competitive hourly rates PLUS 8% Holiday Pay
- Weekly pay!
- Free Uniform
- Free CPR & Manual Handling Training
- Earn up to $450 PER referral through our refer-a-friend scheme (Conditions apply)
- Flexibility of days when you want to work
Click the Apply button and follow the prompts. To find out more about this exciting Contract role, please contact Deborah D'Souza - Recruitment Consultant on 09 630 8300.
Medacs Healthcare is a leading staffing and services company providing temp, locum and permanent recruitment expertise to public, private & commercial healthcare sectors. With more than 15 years of experience in the NZ healthcare market we offer a local and personalised service through our office in Auckland
your application has been submitted
Back to job search