Are you looking for an exciting role in which you can contribute your skills and knowledge as a Mental Health Nurse? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you.
Our Clients are looking for experienced Community Mental Health Nurses to join their team of healthcare staff to work full time or part time contracts here in Central Auckland. We offer multiple contract opportunities that will enable you to have assignments all year-round while also ensuring your work life is kept varied and interesting.
About this role:
For this specific contract, we are looking for:
- A part time or full time Mental Health Nurse (no less than 0.6 FTE)
- Specialty: Adult Community Mental Health; Care & recovery team
- Location: Auckland Central
- Contract duration: approx. 3 - 6 months
- Location is easy to get to via car or public transport.
- Working hours are Monday-Friday 0800-1630 only! (No nights or weekends!)
This Care & Recovery Community Service for Adults is based in Central Auckland and the service provides a comprehensive range of therapeutic treatment options in collaboration with service users, their families/whānau, local communities and the Multi-Disciplinary Team. You will be looking after patients/adults with moderate to severe mental illness or psychological distress.
Duties and responsibilities within this role:
- Provide direct care and use advanced nursing knowledge and skills to assess, plan, implement and evaluate
- Facilitate effective discharge planning and / or referral processes to health care providers and supports agencies to meet identified health needs.
- Monitors clinical outcomes / indicators and manages variance to clinical pathway, protocols or best practice guidelines.
- Educates and provides information to patients / clients / family / whanau to improve knowledge of illness, self-management, prevention of complications and promotion of recovery.
Essential Skills & Experience needed:
- Must be currently in New Zealand with the appropriate Right to work
- Current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC) with the NZ Nursing Council
- Post Grad Mental Health Certification or a Psychiatric Nursing Certification
- Evidence of Indemnity Insurance
- Ability to obtain references from two senior referees whom you have worked with in the last 2 years
- A minimum of 2 years Mental Health Nursing experience
Benefits to you!
- Competitive rates +8% Holiday pay
- Entitlement to sick leave (conditions apply)
- Opportunity to grow your career and up-skill yourself in various Mental Health facilities across Auckland
- Up to $750 Refer - a - Friend bonus! (per referral)
- Weekly Payroll
- 1st Free uniform!
Click the Apply button and follow the prompts. To find out more about this exciting role, please contact Ernest Fancuberta on 09 630 8300.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search