Why work with Medacs?
- FREE CPR & Manual Handling training renewal
- Top market rates
- Opportunity to grow your career and up-skill yourself
- $450 Refer - a - Friend Voucher (conditions apply)
Plus, much more....
As an Enrolled Nurse, you would require both a valid APC as well as previous experience.
- Evidence of your qualification
- Ability to obtain x2 clinical references from two senior referees whom you have worked with in the last 2 years to verify your experience
- A minimum of 6 months Enrolled Nursing experience
- Must have a valid working VISA
- Willing to travel for shifts
- CPR or First aid training
- Occupational health screenings
About the role:
We are seeking dedicated and experienced Enrolled Nurses to help support the Managed Isolation Facilities across Auckland. This is a full-time role for the next 6 months; however, this could be extended. The successful candidate will be expected to work rostered type shifts on fixed term contracts.
You will ensure the safety of New Zealand arrivals inside the Managed Isolation Facilities to prevent the spread of Covid-19 by following the standard operational procedures for any Alert level inside the hotel isolation. You will also be expected to wear full PPE during all health check interactions and Nursing procedures.
Daily Shift Responsibilities may include:
- Conducting the arrival health and wellbeing screen
- Link with local provider to ensure culturally appropriate care is provided
- Complete initial assessment for returnees including medical history or ongoing medical issues.
- Regular or Daily health checks of returnees i.e. taking temperature, assessing and asking for Covid-19 symptoms (sore throat, runny/blocked nose, sneezing, cough, colds, fever or chills, headache, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, body aches, loss of smell/ taste, fatigue, shortness of breath
- Ensuring all returnees are tested for Covid-19 during their stay on designated days
- Isolating returnees with symptoms followed by performing symptomatic swab after informing Charge Nurse Manager and the onsite Doctor
- Monitoring symptomatic returnees and starting clinical escalation pathways where symptoms do not resolve
- Follow a standard protocol when transferring a positive returnee to a Manage Quarantine Facility
- Performing Nursing Procedures (swabbing, change of dressing, vital signs/ observation, CPR, medication competency, urine dipstick testing)
- To ensure that the returnees' health and wellbeing needs are met, including mental and emotional wellbeing needs for the duration of their stay.
- Ensure returnees who require post departure social and welfare support are linked up with local providers well before they are due to leave
- Completing final health checks for returnees who completed their 14 days isolation period and reminding them to follow Infection and Prevention control when returning to the community.
- Discussing with returnees to inform health or GP's if any symptoms develop once releases from MIF. And, to always use the COVID tracer app for possible contact tracing.
- Completing a mandatory Covid-19 swab test for every Management Isolation worker every 14 days and using Covid-19 tracer app and Who's on Location app for possible contact tracing.
To apply in the strictest of confidence please click 'Apply Now' & follow the prompts - Our Recruitment specialists will be in touch with you soon!
your application has been submitted
Back to job search