About this role:
For this specific contract, we are looking for:
- Full time & casual Mental Health Nurses
- Specialty: Adult Acute Mental Health - Inpatient Unit
- Location - Auckland, South
- Start date: ASAP
- Contract length: Casual shifts & 3-6-month full time contracts with the possibility of extending &/or being offered a permanent position
- Hourly rate: $50-$55 p/h +8% Holiday pay (i.e.; $54-$59.40p/h)
- Location is easy to get to via car or public transport
- Working hours are Monday-Sunday rostered shifts
- Shift times: AM shifts - 0700-1530, PM shifts - 1430-2300, Night shifts 2300-0730
You will be working in a busy, high tech Acute Mental Health Unit for adults who have a wide range of Mental Health illnesses ranging from mild to acute category.
We are offering contracts for 3-6 months with a full time roster or casual shifts 1-2 shifts per week of your choice to suit your availability.
The successful candidate will have past Acute Mental Health experience. Our facility provides 24 hours Mental Health assessment and treatment services for people with a range of serious or complicated Mental Health concerns. You will help to provide a safe environment where people can stay for short periods of time. You will be required to work independently and manage your own patients; however, you will gain support from your colleagues, management and others within the multi-disciplinary team.
Responsibilities will involve, but are not limited to:
- Undertake comprehensive and accurate risk assessment of patients, work in partnership with patients, families and other health professionals involved to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate top level care, promote the safety of patients providing independence, quality of life & good health, can build and maintain therapeutic relationships, have a high level of verbal and written communication skills including basic counselling, negotiation and problem-solving skills, be able to work independently and at times, in challenging situations, case Management, administering medication & writing and updating patient records.
Essential Skills & Experience Needed:
- Current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC) with the NZ Nursing Council
- Post-Grad Certificate in Mental Health or Psychiatric Nursing
- Must be living in NZ with the appropriate Right to work VISA
- Proof of Indemnity Insurance
- Current CPR, Basic Life Support or First Aid Certification
- CPI Certification
- Immunization History
- SPEC training
Benefits to you!
Working as part of the Medacs Healthcare Mental Health Nursing team you will enjoy the following:
- Competitive market rates PLUS 8% Holiday Pay
- A dedicated Recruitment Consultant with you every step of the way!
- $450 Refer-A-Friend bonus (PER) referral
- Full training & a paid orientation given
- Career growth opportunities
- Multiple opportunities available to you throughout the year
- Permanent opportunities for the correct candidate
- FREE CPR & Manual Handling training renewals
- Weekly payroll!
- Work life balance!
plus, much more!
To apply in the strictest of confidence, please click 'APPLY NOW' and follow the prompts & our Nursing Specialists will be in contact with you soon!
your application has been submitted
Back to job search