Medacs Healthcare is excited to be partnering with a Public Hospital in Geelong VIC. This large health service is seeking a Nurse Unit Manager for their 32-bed inpatient unit. The aged range is 16 - 50 years.
This service is open to hearing from nurse's who are ready to take that next step in their career and have acted up into Senior roles in the past.
This is a Monday to Friday role, with no nights or weekends.
Your duties will be however are not limited to:
- This role will see you having little to no clinical workload and you will be focusing on the management of the unit and team
- Provide leadership and operational management to the Inpatient Unit
- Provide co-ordination, leadership and supervision of staff in the daily operations of the unit.
- To engage in continuous improvement within the service and be responsible for relevant quality reporting, business planning and service development in conjunction with the Director of Nursing
- Ensure the service is providing high quality, best practice direct delivery of psychiatric treatment and care to consumers
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulatory Agency (AHPRA) or able to obtain - NZ Candidates via Trans-Tasman
- Minimum of 2 years full time experience in adult psychiatry post qualification as a psychiatric nurse
- Superior clinical skills in the management of people with major mental illness or disability
- Sound knowledge of current approaches and treatments in acute mental health, including the delivery of recovery orientated care
What's in it for you:
- Salary graded as - Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 4 Unit Manager (Category A)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Salary packaging
- Social club
- Relocation assistance open to discussion
- Geelong, located about 1 hours' drive from Melbourne city centre, which is Victoria's second largest city, located on Corio Bay, and within a short drive from popular beach-front communities on the Bellarine Peninsula as well as being the gateway to the famous Great Ocean Road, which begins just south of Geelong at Torquay.
- Geelong offers you the best of both coastal and city living with only a short drive into Melbourne city itself.
- Geelong also offers excellent access to both public and private schools and top ranking universities
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please click 'Apply Now' and follow the prompts. Alternatively, you can contact Siobhan O'Toole on 02 4945 6208 for further information and a confidential discussion.
Refer a friend and earn up to $750 referral bonus (T&C apply)
your application has been submitted
Back to job search