Medacs are proud to be partnering with several public health services across regional Victoria in urgent need of Mental Health Clinicians to join their teams due to growth in services.
These are locum contracts for an initial 3 months with the possibility of extension. Travel and accommodation would be provided for you for the duration of your time in work.
The following roles are needed in these locations -
- Adult Community Mental Health (CATT Team) - Sale
- Adult Community Mental Health - Traralgon
- Older Person's Community Mental Health - Wonthaggi
- Community Continuing Care Team - Wangaratta
- Senior Child & Adolescent Mental Health - Shepparton
- Senior Child & Adolescent Mental Health - Seymour
Your duties will be however are not limited to -
- Provide mental health screening and assessment
- Engage with consumers and their support people to develop and review an individualised recovery and treatment plan in a manner that promotes hope, self-identity, meaning and personal responsibility
- Maintain a caseload of individuals experiencing mental health concerns
- Provide direct clinical treatment to consumers, families and carers, including assessment, short and long term intensive case management, including evidence based treatment interventions of a high standard
- Deliver outreach support to consumers in their own environment, and/or in other settings as indicated by clinical guidelines
- Arrange and coordinate referrals appropriate to the needs of the consumer and their support people
- Liaise with community groups, agencies, individuals and networks to enhance mental health service integration and education
To be considered for this role -
- Tertiary qualifications in Mental Health Nursing, Psychology, Counselling, Social Work, OT - Mental Health or other recognised qualification within the Health Professionals
- General Registration with AHPRA (where applicable)
- Eligible for or a member of AASW (where applicable)
- Demonstrated recent experience working with consumers who are diagnosed with psychological/psychiatric illness and evidence based, therapeutic approaches.
- National Criminal Record Check or willingness to obtain
- Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain
- Vaccination Category A
What's in it for you?
- Attractive hourly rate
- Community based
- Multidisciplinary and supportive teams
- Travel and accommodation provided
To Apply -
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please click 'Apply Now' and follow the prompts. Alternatively, you can contact Jade on 02 4945 6204 for further information and a confidential discussion.
Medacs offer up to $750 for referred and placed candidates - T&C's apply
your application has been submitted
Back to job search