Medacs are excited to be working with a public health service on a community based program that has been running since 1978.
This service is in need of a Alcohol and Other Drug Counsellor to join their team in the ACT part time 76 hours a fortnight.
Your duties will include however are not limited to:
- Provide recovery-focused AOD interventions to consumers that supports harm minimization
- Investigate and promote contemporary best practice approaches including national and international developments in AOD interventions
- Provide evidence based alcohol and other drug counselling assessment and interventions
- Assess and identify requirements with clients with development treatment/recovery plans
- Provide clients and their families/support people with support, practical advice, education and information
To be considered for this role:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Need to be registered with at least one of the following bodies ACA, PACFA or AHPRA
- Proven experience working in AOD
- Flexible and approachable manner
- Confidence working within a multidisciplinary team
What's in it for you?
- Generous salary and salary packaging
- Flexible on the days you work
- This is a 17 person team of Counsellors, Nurses and Case Managers
- Relocation allowance can be discussed
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please click 'Apply Now' and follow the prompts. Alternatively, you can contact Jade on 02 4945 6204 for further information and a confidential discussion.
Refer a friend and receive up to $750 T's & C's apply.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search