Medacs is currently partnering with a public health hospital in Shepperton VIC. This is a beautiful part of VIC offering you a blend of both provincial and metropolitan lifestyles.
They are seeking -
- A Senior Child & Adolescent Mental Health Clinician on a permanent basis to join their Assessment and Community Consultation and Brief Treatment Team (ACT),
- An additional experienced Child & Adolescent Mental Health Clinician on a locum short term basis (3 months, possible extension).
The area is driving distance to Melbourne.
You will be working in a multi-disciplinary team that is very supportive and works collaboratively.
These are a community-based Child & Adolescent Mental Health Clinician role.
Your duties will be however are not limited to:
- Work in partnership with consumers, carers, families and other service providers to provide high quality mental health assessment, treatment and consultation services
- Coordination and provision of secondary consultation to partner service providers
- Provision of clinical supervision to CAMHS clinicians in conjunction with CAMHS manager and/or Consultant psychiatrist
- Coordination of all new referrals coming into CAMHS
- Delivery of mental health intake assessments
- Liaison with health, education and welfare services to obtain collaborative history and make referrals
- Risk management plans
- Develop and maintain therapeutic and professional relationships with consumers and carers
To be considered for this role:
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency as a Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist, Psychologist
- Psychologists must have current clinical psychology or forensic psychology registration with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Social Workers must be eligible for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- Occupational Therapists must be eligible for registration with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia
- Experience and expertise in the provision of assessment, treatment planning and intervention for children and adolescents with a mental health disorder.
- Drivers Licence
What's in it for you?
- Attractive salary + super
- Multidisciplinary and Supportive team
- Relocation assistance is open for discussion
- Travel and accommodation is provided for the locum role
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please click 'Apply Now' and follow the prompts. Alternatively, you can contact Jade on 02 4945 6204 for further information and a confidential discussion.
your application has been submitted