Medacs are partnering with an organisation that specialises in assisting people with impaired vision and blindness.
They are seeking an experienced Paediatric Psychologist to join their team. You will be based in Brisbane however you would be required to travel to other locations in QLD. All travel and accommodation expenses are covered.
Your duties will be however are not limited to:
- Using evidence-based models, provide individual counselling services or targeted group programs to Vision Australia clients - children, young people and their families when emotional, social, behavioural, learning, vocational, parenting, and/or family issues relating to living with a vision impairment and/or loss of vision arise;
- Working on the Specialist Disability Support in Schools (SDSS) Program
- Attending school in Brisbane as well as regional QLD - the frequency of this is open to discussion. This can also be done via telehealth when required.
- Using appropriate functional and standardised tools to assess developmental learning and behavioural difficulties of children and young people.
- Identify, develop and review information and resources.
- Tertiary qualification in Psychology as recognised by the Psychology Board of Australia and AHPRA, along with current registration with AHPRA;
- Previous experience in paediatric counselling is essential;
- Knowledge and experience working in transdisciplinary teams;
- Experience and a strong passion for working with children, young people and families.
What's in it for you:
- Attractive salary + salary packaging
- Can do a mixture of home and office-based work / telehealth
- Travel to other locations in QLD
- Career development
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please click 'Apply Now' and follow the prompts. Alternatively, you can contact Siobhan on 02 4945 6208 for further information and a confidential discussion.
Refer a friend and receive up to $750 T's & C's apply.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search