Due to growth in the service, we are currently partnering with a public health service in the Mid North Coast district of NSW.
They are seeking experienced Social Workers to help support them across the wards, mostly across Oncology and Renal care.
This is an initial 12-week (3 month) contract with possible extension. This role will see you working in a multi-disciplinary team, and your accommodation and travel expenses will be provided.
Your duties will be however are not limited to:
- Cover acute inpatient wards - mostly Oncology and Renal care
- Provide patient/family centred clinical advice to clients, carers, families and other health care professionals to ensure delivery of innovative clinical practice models and therapeutic techniques.
- Provide assessment, diagnosis, and management of clients/patients referred for your care within scope of practice and level of experience.
- Select and implement assessment, intervention and treatment strategies to address problem areas identified in assessments and to meet goals within specific time frames.
- Evaluate treatment according to goal achievement in collaboration with senior clinicians as appropriate, with alterations to intervention made accordingly.
- Facilitate and promote consumer participation and feedback to ensure the service is meeting their needs.
- Maintain administrative systems/data entry related to the booking, scheduling and counting/recording of client/patient/consumer contact as required for mandatory reporting and as required by manager for planning, quality or research and attend clinical service and departmental meetings as required.
To be considered for this role:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work
- Eligible for or a member of AASW (where applicable)
- Proven previous experience in a public/private health setting
- National Criminal Record Check or willingness to obtain
- Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain
- Vaccination Category A
- Both doses of the COVID vaccination
What's in it for you?
- Rate based on education and experience
- Accommodation and travel provided
- Multidisciplinary and supportive team
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please click 'Apply Now' and follow the prompts. Alternatively, you can contact Jade on 02 4945 6204 for further information and a confidential discussion.
your application has been submitted