Medacs is partnering with a Not of Profit organisation that is seeking a skilled manager to join their team. This is a rare opportunity to work for Newcastle largest employers. The role is based in Newcastle West.
This role will see you managing of the Healing and Support Team. You will have a team of Case Mangers reporting into you and you will carry a small case load.
In this highly specialised role you will have primary responsibility to advocate for and provide a supportive, clinically sound and response to people in the community who have been affected by historic child sexual abuse or by sexual assault as an adult perpetrated by members of the Diocese.
You will lead a team that provides personalised healing and support services to survivors and the immediate families of survivors (i.e. partners, parents, children and siblings).
- Work directly with survivors and their families to support and promote their personal and unique journey towards healing
- Contribute to best-practice healing and support services for those affected by historic child sexual abuse.
- Provide expert advice to diocesan leadership in the areas of child sexual abuse and healing and support for survivors and their families.
- Promote a respectful, inclusive and supportive diocesan culture for survivors and their families.
- Contribute to the continuous development and improvement of the Diocese's safeguarding culture.
- Supervise the Healing and Support Case Workers to effectively and efficiently offer healing and support services to survivors and their immediate families.
- Build networks of support and community within the Diocese, the wider Catholic Church, other denominations and faith-based organisations and the wider community for survivors.
- Ensure funded support services are provided in accordance with relevant diocesan guidelines.
- Work with the Manager Clinical Services to ensure that healing and support services are provided within its operational budget.
- Report any allegations of current or historic abusive or neglectful conduct towards children or vulnerable persons to the Office of Safeguarding in accordance with diocesan policy.
- Assist with court proceeding
This is a permanent part-time position working 9 days per fortnight (or less, negotiable for the right candidate).
- You are tertiary qualified in psychology, social work, social science or a related area with extensive experience working with persons affected by child sexual abuse in a clinical setting or therapeutic role.
- You have experience leading and managing a team in this specialised discipline (or similar) and providing staff supervision.
- You maintain a specialist level of knowledge of contemporary practices in the support of victims of sexual assault and child protection.
- You are highly skilled and experienced in developing and maintaining appropriate, supportive and therapeutic relationships with those affected by sexual abuse or assault.
- You possess a positive 'can do', resilient attitude.
The full time equivalent salary is between $100K - $120K + Super, + salary packaging, + 3 additional days leave (based on FTE)
- If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please click 'Apply Now' and follow the prompts. Alternatively, you can contact Siobhan O'Toole on 0434 918 303 for further information and a confidential discussion.
- Refer a friend and earn up to $750 referral bonus (T&C apply)
your application has been submitted
Back to job search