Medacs are excited to be working closely with a not for profit organisation that is based in Narrabeen NSW in need of two case managers to join their team in supporting Veterans & Seniors in the community.
This position takes a case management focus in the community ensuring the highest quality customer-centered care. You will be responsible for identifying and assessing veterans in need of housing assistance, as well as providing holistic and professional assistance that meets the welfare and individual wellbeing needs of clients.
The role is for an initial 3-6 months but is also available permanently.
Your duties will include, however is not limited to:
- Review Veteran intake referrals
- Provide initial risk assessments and initial care planning needs
- Develop support plans - monitor, evaluate and report progress
- Ensure that coordinated community supports are in place so that every Veteran in the program can better manage their mental health and risk factors for homelessness to help prevent relapse
- Ensure that veterans in the program have access to mainstream and veteran specific support
- g. mental health, financial counselling services, community and recreational connections etc
To be considered for this role:
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Counselling, Social Work, OT - Mental Health or other recognised qualification within the Health Professionals
- General Registration with AHPRA (where applicable)
- Eligible for or a member of AASW (where applicable)
- Demonstrated recent experience working with consumers who are diagnosed with psychological/psychiatric illness and evidence based, therapeutic approaches.
- National Criminal Record Check or willingness to obtain
- Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain
- Vaccination Category A
- Class C drivers Licence
What's in it for you?
- Travel expenses will be provided
- Community based
- Multidisciplinary and supportive team
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please click 'Apply Now' and follow the prompts. Alternatively, you can contact Jade on 02 4945 6204 for further information and a confidential discussion.
REFER A FRIEND
Medacs offer up to $750 for referred and placed candidates - T&C's apply
your application has been submitted
Back to job search