Medacs is exciting to be partnering with a large LDH in NSW. We are assisting with the recruitment of 2 Mental Health Occupational Therapist Rehabilitation Coordinators, based in regional NSW. This is a Level 4 role on the NSW Health.
Their ideal candidate will have broad experience in the delivery of mental health services. You will be a Clinical Lead and provide and coordinate clinical rehabilitation services that promote recovery and reduce the disability and functional decline associated with mental illness utilising a range of targeted evidence-based interventions.
- Be accountable for the provision of leadership and consultancy that facilitates ongoing development, promotion and evaluation of rehabilitation clinical practice and services through evidence-based approaches, research, education, service planning and role modelling.
- Provision of high level clinical rehabilitation to improve outcomes for individuals through the use of evidence based practices, exercising of independent professional judgement in solving problems and managing complex situations and informed by models of care.
- Provision of a high-level consultancy service to the Mental Health Service and community partners to facilitate and promote optimal rehabilitation outcomes for consumers.
- Identify opportunities for strategic and operational service planning, identification of present and future issues and new directions for clinical rehabilitation services and lead associated continuous improvement activities.
- To analyse and report on existing human and other resources for the provision of clinical rehabilitation services across inpatient and community settings including strengths, barriers and gaps.
- Relevant territory qualification in Occupational Therapy
- General Registration with APHRA or ability to obtain through Trans-Tasman etc.
- Extensive experience delivering psychosocial evidence based interventions for mental health consumers and their families including programme development, implementation and evaluation.
- Extensive experience implementing contemporary principles and practices in mental health rehabilitation and recovery oriented service delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders through the application of well-developed interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply expert knowledge, facilitating education and training and meeting
- supervision/mentoring needs of less experienced staff.
What's on offer
- Attractive salary including salary packaging
- A multi-disciplinary work environment
- If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please click 'Apply Now' and follow the prompts. Alternatively, you can contact Siobhan O'Toole on 02 4945 6208 for further information and a confidential discussion.
- Refer a friend and earn up to $750 referral bonus (T&C apply)
your application has been submitted