Medacs is partnering with a Not for Profit organization in Canberra ACT where you will be provide early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year olds.
As the Clinical Lead for the team you will be in a key leadership position providing oversight for the coordination and delivery of clinical services and ensuring that day-to-day clinical work is carried out to the highest standard to effectively meet the needs of young people and their families.
Your duties will be however are not limited to:
- You will still have a smaller clinical work load - 50 / 50 split approx.
- Monitor and lead the service response and clinical decision-making regarding assessment and treatment offered to young people with a range of presenting primary health needs, their families and support networks.
- Provide oversight and facilitate case review meetings, care planning, coordination and clinical decision making, using a shared decision-making framework with the young person and significant others.
- Provide consultation, expertise and clinical supervision where appropriate to multi-disciplinary clinicians and Private Practitioners in the delivery of specialist mental health care to young people and their families.
- Provide evidence-based, focused psychological strategies (e.g CBT, psychoeducation, relaxation strategies, skills training, interpersonal therapy) to individuals or via group therapy to young clients aged 12 to 25 years.
- Assist in the assessment of young persons with complex needs necessitating senior clinician involvement.
- Current and full registration and credentialing / accreditation (where applicable) with the relevant professional organisation in one of the following:
- Occupational Therapist - Mental Health
- Social Worker - Must have a Mental Health Accreditation
- Nurse - Mental Health
- Experience in team leadership and/or management in the mental health environment
- Current drivers' license and willingness to travel as part of the role including occasional overnight travel
What's in it for you?
- Attractive salary + super + salary packaging
- Multidisciplinary and Supportive team
- Relocation assistance to be discussed if successful
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please click 'Apply Now' and follow the prompts. Alternatively, you can contact Siobhan O'Toole on 02 4945 6208 for further information and a confidential discussion.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search