Hi Job Seeker
Sorry! We didn’t find any jobs matching your criteria.
Medacs are excited to be partnered with a not for profit organisation in regional New South Wales in need of a short-term counsellor . This role's purpose is to provide women counselling, groups and workshops, to improve the health and wellbeing of women who are experiencing difficulties and at risk of depression and anxiety due to relationship issues, domestic and family violence, childhood trauma and social and financial disadvantage.
Your duties will include, however, not limited to:
· Provide high-quality services to all Women and their families, children, and young women
· Be aware of and adhere to Child Protection, Anti-discrimination and Work Health and Safety legislation, ensuring compliance with all HRWWG Policies and Procedures
· Be an active member of a multidisciplinary team, which may require supervising students and volunteers
· Ensure HRWWG's vision, mission and values are incorporated into the organisation's activities and upheld by all staff and volunteers
· Deliver evidence-based psychosocial interventions, including but not limited to brief interventions, trauma-informed practice, strengths-based therapy, narrative therapy, systems therapy, crisis intervention, rights/advocacy approaches, group work and use of a social model of health on site
· Perform outreach services and travel to areas including regional and rural areas in the Hunter New England Local Health District (HNELHD) including the Upper Hunter
· Commit to a feminist philosophy and the principles of social justice and human rights
· Report as required regarding legislated and HRWWG policy for Risk of Harm
· Contribute to KPIs of the HNEH Funding Agreement
To be considered for this role you must have:
· Tertiary qualification (minimum Bachelor Degree) in Social Work, Psychology, Welfare, Community Services or equivalent
· At least two years of experience in community-based counselling or equivalent environment
· Membership of a counselling professional organisation or demonstrate ability to meet the criteria of professional membership
· Due to the nature of the service, the Hunter Women's Centre is a safe space for women run by women, identifying as a woman is an essential criterion.
· Working with Children Check
· First Aid Current First Aid Certificate
· Received at least 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine to work or be employed in connection with a NSW Health agency
· Current national police check
· Current NSW Driver's License Car Insurance
· Current Comprehensive Insurance
* Knowledge of Women's Health issues
To Apply: If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please click 'Apply Now' and follow the prompts. Alternatively, you can contact Chris on 0413 761 960 for further information and a confidential discussion.
Refer a friend and receive up to $750 T's & C's apply.