Medacs Healthcare are excited to be parenting with a Public Hospital in Geelong. They are opening a state of the art new Mental Health Unit in September 2022 and seeking Mental Health Nursing staff for their Adult Inpatient Ward.
The Acute Mental Unit is based in their Geelong facility and will provide 16 acute mental health beds and community-based care from a contemporary, safe and high-quality hospital setting.
- Seeking Registered Psychiatric Nurse - several positions available. - 20 FTE
- RPN's Grade 2 +
- Seeking Nurses eligible for AHPRA from comparable Healthcare Countries-Australia, UK, Ireland, NZ etc
- Sponsorship (via 482) for candidates and their family
- Relocation assistance ( provided after probation period), plus 2 weeks accommodation on arrival
- The new facility opens in September 2022 however if you are available sooner, they can offer you work on another site to assist with your inductions etc and a smooth September start.
- Geelong, located about 1 hours' drive from Melbourne city centre, is Victoria's second largest city, located on Corio Bay, and within a short drive from popular beach-front communities on the Bellarine Peninsula as well as being the gateway to the famous Great Ocean Road, which begins just south of Geelong at Torquay.
- Geelong offers you the best of both coastal and city living with only a short drive into Melbourne city itself.
- Geelong also offers excellent access to both public and private schools and top ranking universities
- Registered Nurse Division 1 with one of the following: postgraduate diploma in psychiatric/mental health nursing, completion of a specialist undergraduate psychiatric nursing program or a specialist post-basic course of training leading to previous registration as a Division 3 Nurse
- Note: Applicants without the postgraduate mental health component may still apply but would only be considered if prepared to undertake and successfully complete recognised training within two years of the commencement date for the position to remain ongoing
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulatory Agency (AHPRA) or able to obtain
- Driver's License
- Experience working in an Inpatient setting
- Happy to work on a 24 / 7 rotating roster, including nights
- If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please click 'Apply Now' and follow the prompts. Alternatively, you can contact Siobhan O'Toole on 02 4945 6208 for further information and a confidential discussion.
- Refer a friend and earn up to $750 referral bonus (T&C apply)
your application has been submitted
Back to job search