Medacs Healthcare are excited to be partnering with a Public Hospital in Geelong VIC. This large health service is seeking Mental Health Clinicians to join their Community Teams in 3 different areas:
Aged Psychiatry Service
Focus within a multidisciplinary team that provides a range of psychiatric case management services to Aged Psychiatry clients, their carers and families within a community setting. This may be a nursing home, residential service, their own home and/or the carer's home
Emergency Mental Health
The Hospital Acute Intervention Service team is a 7 day a week, 24 hour service with three shifts. The team is a tertiary level, multidisciplinary mental health, drugs and alcohol team.
The Emergency Mental Health team's aim is to provide timely and effective mental health and drugs and alcohol assessments for all consumers and their families who present to the emergency department with acute mental health/drug and alcohol presentations and crisis. This service may be delivered as part of the MHAOD Hub, or within the Emergency Department more broadly. Clinicians also provide assessment and treatment alongside Victoria Police (PACER) in the community.
The Senior Clinician will provide acute assessment and referral to internal teams or external agencies. Senior clinicians will demonstrate leadership in both the ongoing development of the acute intervention service, support their manager with day to day operations of the team including acting up during periods of leave, and provide direct support to RPN3 / Allied Health Grade 2 clinicians rostered on shift with them.
Community Mental Health Teams
To provide assessment, treatment and recovery based interventions to individuals and their families who experience serious mental illness. The broader service delivery model of MHDAS includes provision of high quality interventions that are consumer-centred, family/carer inclusive and are delivered in a timely and coordinated manner in line with the Victorian Mental Health Act 2014.
- Seeking Psychologists, Mental Health Nurses, Social Workers or Mental Health OT with experience working in similar roles
- You must be eligible for AHPRA from comparable Healthcare Countries-Australia, UK, Ireland, NZ
- AASW member or abilit to obtain
- Sponsorship (via 482) for candidates and their family
- Relocation assistance (provided after probation period), plus 2 weeks accommodation on arrival
- Geelong, located about 1 hours' drive from Melbourne city centre, is Victoria's second largest city, located on Corio Bay, and within a short drive from popular beach-front communities on the Bellarine Peninsula as well as being the gateway to the famous Great Ocean Road, which begins just south of Geelong at Torquay.
- Geelong offers you the best of both coastal and city living with only a short drive into Melbourne city itself.
- Geelong also offers excellent access to both public and private schools and top ranking universities.
- If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please click 'Apply Now' and follow the prompts. Alternatively, you can contact Kaitlyn Dowd on 02 8248 2900 for further information and a confidential discussion.
- Refer a friend and earn up to $750 referral bonus (T&C apply)
your application has been submitted