With more than 16 years of experience this Private Health Service has developed a model of care built on sound clinical practice and a patient-centred approach.
You will be based in either a male, female or juvenile prison. These roles are suitable for Psychologists with General or Clinical Registration with AHPRA, or Social Workers with a Mental Health Accreditation.
Your duties will be however not limited to:
- Consulting and following up with existing patients around their mental health
- Performing comprehensive consultations with new and existing patients
- Record accurate and contemporaneous assessment notes
- Developing, implementing and evaluating suicide/self-harm minimisation/ prevention strategies and regularly assessing their effectiveness in reducing suicide, self-harm and crises in prison
- Consulting with and following up on outpatients from Forensic care regarding their mental health
- Holding mental health clinics
- Contributing to the design, implementation and review of correctional staff training activities in relation to suicide prevention
To be considered for this role:
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, or Social Work
- General Registration with AHPRA (where applicable)
- Demonstrated recent experience working with consumers who are diagnosed with psychological/psychiatric illness and evidence based, therapeutic approaches.
- National Criminal Record Check or willingness to obtain
- Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain
- Vaccination Category A
- Class C drivers Licence
What's in it for you?
- Ongoing locum work
- Close to Melbourne CBD
- Forensic setting
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please click 'Apply Now' and follow the prompts. Alternatively, you can contact Chris on 0413 761 960 for further information and a confidential discussion.
Refer a friend and receive up to $750 T's & C's apply.
your application has been submitted