We are here to support you every step of the way. Below you will find a range of questions regarding working with us.

Simply click on a question to view the answer and resolve your query.


What is the expected length of the contract?

The average locum assignment is three months; however, others can range from 4 weeks up to 12 months. It should be noted however, that in many cases this can be extended for a further term based on ongoing requirements. Our team will work with both you and the hospital/facility to ensure mutually agreeable contract lengths are in place. Alternatively, we can also assist with permanent placements.

What do you charge for your services?

We do not charge candidates a fee for the service we provide in finding your next position.

What experience and skills do I need to join Medacs Healthcare as a Healthcare Assistant?

Healthcare Assistant (Level 3 or Level 4 - Health & Wellbeing or equivalent) qualification with a minimum of 6 months recent experience

  • 2nd or 3rd Year Nursing Student
  • Overseas Registered Nurse with a minimum of two years of recent experience in a Nursing role
  • Recent work experience in hospitals and or aged care facilities
  • Valid Manual Handling and CPR certificate 

Will I have to deal with multiple consultants if I want to work across various locations?

You will be assigned a dedicated recruitment professional from day one to help you throughout the process. Each consultant focuses on their own speciality area, making them experts in recruiting for each individual profession and skill set. In addition, we have a friendly and experienced team of para-consultants and compliance staff to help you feel supported.

Is there any assistance with collating compliance documentation prior to start?

Our teams are well versed to assist with a streamlined approach to compliance, ensuring it is a seamless experience for you. We have dedicated teams who will work with you to collect and collate compliance required for each health service/facility and smoothly transition you between roles. 

If I work on a contract or locum basis, when do I get paid?

When you are paid by Medacs Healthcare we deposit your wages weekly, so you have access to regular cashflow. If you are paid directly by our client this may differ however many of our clients pay weekly.

What sort of accommodation is offered?

The accommodation varies as some are managed by the facility such as nursing quarters, or arranged close to the facility such as self-contained units. In each instance you will always have a private room. We will always discuss accommodation options with you prior to your assignment. 

Do you assist with continuing professional development (CPD) points?

For nursing, we have partnered with The Nursing CPD Institute so you can have access to online courses for CPD points free of charge.

Who handles the registration and immigration for the nursing or allied health professional?

We are not immigration specialists, but our team will guide you with assistance and certainly direct you towards information regarding schools, home rental, what to expect and personal support. 
Some of our Clients will consider sponsorship on a skilled visa and assist with relocation support to eligible candidates from eligible countries. Once you have professional registration in Australia, we can assist you with these specific roles.

Where can I get info about working in Australia from abroad?

To work as a Nurse in Australia you will firstly need to be registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). The best way to commence this process is to contact AHPRA through their website where you will find all the information that you need including application forms, standards, and fee details. The registration process takes about 3-4 months from the time that you submit your completed application and paperwork. 

Helpful sites

It may be necessary for you to sit an English language test prior to submitting your application and as part of this application process. You can find out more about the English language standards at the below link. If you would like more information on how to sit the English language tests, please visit the IELTS website


Once you have gained your registration in Australia as a Nurse or Midwife, we can begin to search for positions for you. You will need to consider what type of visa that you will require to come to Australia to live and work so we suggest you visit the Australian Immigration website to gain a better understanding of what’s available to you. 

Latest Jobs